Friday, October 9, 2009

Utah Weekend Trip

I had a blast last weekend in Utah! So much fun hanging out with family, friends, going to conference, seeing Betsy (on her mission!) and playing around in the Wasatch mountains.

Here are a few pics:

Cascade mountain on Squaw peak road...Perfect timing for this trip with the fall colors!!



Almost stepped on this guy hiking down from rock canyon. Andrew said that it must be a male b/c males go out to mate for two weeks and then die. Females stay hiding.


We drove the Alpine loop on Saturday...amazing back there! I really wished I had my mountain bike to ride the spectacularly speedy ridge 157 trail.


One of my all time favorite climbs is the big green monster. The 30 meter sustained 5.9 crack in the comparatively thin air in Utah got me breathing like I was sprinting by the time I got to the top.



On the trail among drab green and brown flora in Rock Canyon.

2 comments:

O'Brien family said...

beautiful pictures! It was great to be with you!! Love you, Mom

Sarah said...

Man I miss living out there! It's so pretty. Looks like a lot of fun.