Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another mechanical


Another mechanical, originally uploaded by ben.obrien.

(that's what I call it when I crash while mountain biking...a mechanical)

I got this lovely bruise on my left thigh on the trails at Harbison near my house. There are some awesome trails there and I've decided I want to get back into mountain biking. In high school and middle school that is all I did. I was always on my bike.

There is one issue though. That bike I was on in High School is the same one I'm riding now. It has several issues with it and I will use them to justify them to you that I need a new bike.

Reasons I should get a new mountain bike:

  • missing teeth on the chain rings (gears)
  • messed up front rim
  • the geometry doesn't fit my body well
  • it is a hardtail
  • it's 10+yrs old
  • rear derailleur is shot
  • no suspension from the front suspension
  • still uses rim brakes

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ben that's gross.

O'Brien family said...

Where's your first aid kit that we gave you when you did that 10 years ago?