Saturday, July 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home


I haven't lived in the same place for more than 1 year for the past 7 years. I've had over 15 different front door keys over that same time period. It feels great to be home--Northern Michigan will always be home. Since I moved to South Carolina, I wasn't sure when or how often I'd get up to Petoskey. It just so happened that I was needed in Grand Rapids for work--only 3 hours from home!

When people ask me where I'm from I always say Northern Michigan. It is a very different feel in Grand Rapids or Lansing or Detroit. I love the "tip of the ring finger" so many fun things to do and so pleasant here. Green rolling hills...bright blue lakes...historic downtown...fudge...ice cream...woods


My mom and I went kayaking in Crooked lake this morning.



A guy took a pic for me down at the water front doing a little slack lining at the waterfront.