Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sleeping sideways on a large bed

I've been in a hotel for the last 2 weeks and I really enjoy the king
sized bed. I found the best way to sleep on it is sidways. This avoids
the uncomfortable tucked in ends at the bottom that either result in
duck footed sleeping or a frustrated thrashing to release fettered
feet that works me up so much I can't sleep for 20 minutes.

Usually I sleep pretty well in a hotel, but last night
a fuzzy black speckled cloud like a face that has been hidden to
preserve identity on tv was floating at the head of the bed (where
most peoples head is). That fuzzy blob floated there for a moment and
then all of a sudden came at me with movement that reminded me of the
big spiders on arachnophobia. Fearful of floating fuzzy spider like
blobs as I am, I swatted at the watermelon sized thing only to find my
hand went right through it. I let out an uncontrolled girly
"MEAHHHHHahhhH" which woke me up.

I wonder if the neighbor that I hear all the time talking on the phone
heard me through the paper thin walls...

1 comment:

O'Brien family said...

maybe you should sleep with a light on?